MissionTracker - Privacy policies and our commitment to your data
Last Updated: June 5, 2018
The Online Channels may provide links to other third-party websites and features. Some of these third-party websites may be co-branded with a MissionTracker LLC logo even though they are not owned, controlled, operated or maintained by MissionTracker LLC. MissionTracker LLC does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. These websites are subject to their respective privacy policies. In some cases, we may provide the Offerings jointly with other businesses. For these co-branded offerings in which a third party is involved in your transactions, we will sometimes share or jointly collect customer data related to those transactions with that third party.
Personal Information We Obtain
The data we obtain varies based on the Offerings you use. We obtain personal information through your interaction with the Offerings, such as when you:
- create an account in an Online Channel;
- register or apply to a MissionTracker LLC partner program;
- sign up for an online program, event, seminar, promotion or sweepstakes;
- request products (including product evaluations, trials, tech preview and beta downloads), services or information;
- participate in MissionTracker LLC events, surveys, questionnaires, research or evaluations; or
- correspond with us or request information from us.
- contact information (such as name email address, telephone number, postal or other physical address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business or billing contacts);
- information used to create your online account (such as username and password);
- biographical and demographic information (such as gender, job title/position and occupation);
- business profile and practices information used to evaluate you as a partner;
- billing and financial information (such as name, billing address, payment card details and bank account information and purchase history);
- information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at MissionTracker LLC, such as contact details, information in your résumé (including work history, education and language skills) and details about your current employment;
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code);
- the precise geolocation of your mobile device;
- personal information contained in forums, blogs, and testimonials you provide or that we obtain from publicly available sources (such as social media channels);
- information related to participation in classroom or online training, including programs completed and certifications achieved;
- information necessary to provide support or other paid consulting services (such as contact details, chat services, support details, and event history);
- personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our “Contact” feature or other in-product or in-service messaging); and
- other personal information we obtain through our Offerings.
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features of the Online Channels.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information we obtain to:
- provide and administer our products and services (including websites and apps for which you have registered);
- process and fulfill orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- help you complete a transaction or order and provide customer support;
- bill you for products and services you purchased;
- provide training, support and consulting services;
- manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding and other Human Resources purposes;
- create and manage your account with MissionTracker LLC;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, developing, enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- perform data analytics (such as research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- communicate with you about your account and services orders (including sending emails relating to your registration, account status, order confirmations, renewal or expiration notices and other important information);
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including sending you promotional materials, generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, promotions and surveys;
- connect employees with their enterprise account administrator;
- verify your identity and protect your account against unauthorized use or abuse of our services;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- maintain and enhance the security of our Online Channels, products, services, network services, information resources and employees; and
- respond to your inquiries.
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is used, and the context in which the data is obtained, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases:
- performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- our legitimate business interests;
- compliance with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims; or
- your consent to the processing, which you can revoke at any time;
We may combine data collected from you with other sources to help us improve the accuracy of our marketing and communications as well as to help expand or tailor our interactions with you. This includes combining personal information we obtain through Online Channels with information we obtain through Offline Channels, as well as other information (such as referral programs), for the purposes described above. We may anonymize or aggregate personal information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use personal information for additional purposes that we specify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Cookies and Other Technologies
When you use our Online Channels, both we and certain third parties (such as our advertising networks, digital advertising partners and social media platforms) collect information about your online activities, over time and across third-party websites (such as on websites that serve our ads). We may use such information to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our ads are served. You may see certain ads on other websites because we engage third-party ad buying networks. Through such buying networks, we can target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. The information our ad networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve MissionTracker LLC advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our websites and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of this ad network interest-based advertising, click here. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using your information for interest-based advertising.
Our Cookie Consent Tool provides details about how to exercise your choices (such as changing your cookie preferences).
How We Share Your Personal Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection. MissionTracker LLC may share personal data in the following ways:
In addition, we reserve the right to transfer to relevant third parties information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business transaction.
We also may share the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
International Data Transfers
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
MissionTracker LLC is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. MissionTracker LLC complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to a Privacy Shield Framework, MissionTracker LLC is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, MissionTracker LLC may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to satisfy national security or law enforcement requirements.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact MissionTracker LLC here. If you have an unresolved compliant that has not been addressed to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request (a U.S.-based alternative dispute resolution provider) for more information or to file a complaint. The services are provided at no cost to you.
MissionTracker LLC has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
Your Rights and Choices
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, update, amend or delete your information, or that we restrict the processing of such information by contacting us as indicated below. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, a charge may apply before we provide you with a copy of any of your personal information that we maintain. Depending on your location, you may have the right to file a complaint with a government regulator if you are not satisfied with our response.
We support the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising ("Principles") of the Digital Advertising Alliance in the U.S., the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, and the European Digital Advertising Alliance in the EU. If you live in the United States, Canada, or the European Union, you can visit Ad Choices, Ad Choices Canada or Your Online Choices to find a convenient place to indicate your preferences, including the option to make one "universal" opt-out of interest-based advertising with participating entities. These websites also provide detailed information about interest-based advertising and tips for managing your privacy online and in applications. Opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will no longer see advertisements from us or on the Online Channels; rather, opting out means that the online ads that you do see will not be based on your interests. When you opt-out of receiving interest-based advertisements through the links above, cookies and other technologies on the Online Channels may still collect information about your use of the Online Channels, including for analytics, fraud prevention and any other purpose permitted under the Self- Regulatory Principles.
When you use our Online Channels, both we and certain third parties (such as our advertising networks, digital advertising partners and social media platforms) may collect personal information about your online activities, over time and across third-party websites. Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to send Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to websites you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. While our Online Channels are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from web browsers, you can manage your cookie preferences and the choices you can make in connection with the personal information we collect about you through automated means by visiting our Cookie Consent Tool.
Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the Channels.
Retention of Personal Information
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties. To obtain this information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "California Shine the Light Privacy Request" in the subject line and in the body of your message.
Children’s Personal Information
How to Contact Us
409 Main St. Suite 1
Eau Claire, WI 54703